Are You an Office Worker in Pain?
Are you an office worker in pain? Well in that case, this blog may be of interest to you! At Davies Chiropractic Care, office workers often visit us suffering with back pain and other musculoskeletal problems. Other issues office workers might present to us with include neck pain, headaches, sciatica, joint pain and RSIs. If you have one of these problems, it can often hinder you from doing your job role effectively. This may lead to you needing to take time off work. In a worst case scenario, it may even force you into early retirement. For all these reasons, we have decided to try and stop this from happening.
New Office Initiative
Last month, Davies Chiropractic Care in Heaton Moor, launched its new initiative. Firstly, the aim of this initiative is to help employers to keep their staff well and injury free. Secondly, we want to prevent employees from needing to take time off work due to any type of musculoskeletal complaint. And more importantly, it is to help raise awareness for musculoskeletal health. To ultimately try and prevent disability and keep individuals in work for longer.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 2018:
- ‘Musculoskeletal conditions are the second largest contributor to disability worldwide, with low back pain being the single leading cause of disability globally.’
- ‘Between one in three and one in five people live with a painful and disabling musculoskeletal condition.’
- ‘Musculoskeletal conditions significantly limit mobility and dexterity, leading to early retirement from work, reduced accumulated wealth and reduced ability to participate in social roles.’
The importance of musculoskeletal health, and how a lack of it has become a major global burden, is more recognised. Thankfully, actions are finally being taken to reduce this burden. The aim is to achieve the ‘2030 agenda for sustainable development.’ This can only be done if changes are made at a national and global level. So, we have decided to do our bit to help make a difference. It may only be small, but every little bit counts.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for offices in the Stockport and Greater Manchester areas to get on board with. What our offer consists of is:
- We will arrange with you a convenient time for our Chiropractors and Soft Tissue Therapist to come to your office.
- We can give a presentation on musculoskeletal health, work related injuries and how to prevent them.
- Our chiropractors will offer your employees a free of charge consultation (normally £30). The consultation includes taking a detailed history, performing a thorough examination and explaining what is going on.
- Our Soft Tissue Therapist will be offering free 5 minute taster sessions of the different techniques that she uses.
- A further 10% off any Chiropractic or Soft Tissue Therapy treatments when your employees book in at Davies Chiropractic Care.
Our Chiropractors are covered by most private medical insurances including BUPA, AXA PPP, WPA, Simply Health and Vitaility. So, if your company offers PMI as a benefit, then your employees will be able to claim some money back.
Mutual Financial in Stockport was the first business to take us up on this opportunity and was a great success. Interestingly, we had an assortment of different issues that people came to see us with. We saw some people with office related issue, but others with problems they had sustained outside of work. It is just as important for you to get these sorted as they could affect your ability to work also.
Here is some feedback we have had from one of the staff members who came to see us:
‘I’ve never had chiropractic before, and after only one session my neck is feeling so much better. I’m glad Sam’s clinic has started this new programme for businesses. If she hadn’t, I may never have got my neck sorted. Thank you and see you again soon.’ Stephen McMahon
We have a few more of these lined up and look forward to speaking with more businesses in the Stockport and Greater Manchester areas about how Davies Chiropractic Care can help them.
Do you work in an office? Are you in pain? Do you think we can help you? Please email the clinic on email@example.com if yes is the answer to those questions.
Sam Davies MChiro DC
Image from 123RF:
Copyright: <a href=’https://www.123rf.com/profile_belchonock’>belchonock / 123RF Stock Photo</a>