This privacy notice describes, in line with GDPR, how we collect and use personal data about you during and after your time as a patient of this clinic. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data. This notice applies to current and former patients.
We are Davies Chiropractic Care Ltd of 180a Heaton Moor Road, Stockport Sk4 4DU. Telephone: 0161 879 7701
For the purposes of processing your data, we are the Data Controller.
The Personal Data We Process
When you supply your personal details to this clinic, they are stored and processed for a number of reasons, below you will see the relevant terms used in the Data Protection Act 2018 which includes the General Data Protection Regulation.
We record and use the following categories of personal data: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, health information including medical history, diagnosis and treatment data.
We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible care.
You can refuse to give us such information however we would then be unable to provide you with chiropractic care.
Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- The lawful basis for processing your health information is the provision of health-related services at a chiropractic clinic.
- To carry out our contract with you (your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide it constitutes a contract) which will include confirming appointments, informing you of changes to appointments or clinic arrangements, changes to facilities or services at the clinic. This constitutes “legitimate interest”.
- To provide you with the best possible treatment by recording health and treatment information which would be in your best interest.
- To carry out legally required duties such as those required by government appointed regulators.
In addition, we may occasionally send you general health information, advice, clinic newsletters or vouchers usually via email.
Retaining your personal Data
We have a legal obligation to retain your record for a minimum of eight years after your last appointment.
How Your Data Is Stored
As we record and use sensitive health data we take the protection of this data very seriously. At Davies Chiropractic Care we keep paper and electronic records. Personal data is transferred from paper records to our electronic patient database system, the paper records are then shredded using a confidential waste shredding service. If we store your paper records for any period of time, then they are kept in a locked filing cabinet. Our patient database system is accessed via our clinic computers and these are password protected.
Who Has Access to Your Data
Your data will be shared with colleagues within the Clinic but only where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties. This includes, for example, other chiropractors working for, at or on behalf of the clinic, reception staff and the practice manager.
We may share your data with third parties to facilitate a referral to another healthcare practitioner, investigation or to keep your GP informed about your progress with treatment
Your data may also be shared with the parties set out below:
- Care Response – outcomes monitoring & reporting software.
- Xero – accounting software.
- GEM – call answering service.
- Mailchimp – marketing software.
- Social Media – with your explicit consent, for marketing purposes.
- Automated technologies or interactions – as you use our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns.
We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
We may also share your data with third parties as part of a Clinic sale or restructure, or for other reasons to comply with a legal obligation upon us. We would always keep you informed of these situations.
You have the right to access your data at any time. If you wish to do so, please make such a request in writing/email to the Data Protection Officer, whose details are shown below.
Please provide your name, address, telephone, email address and details of the information you require.
We will need to verify your identity, so we may ask for a copy of ID. You have the right to ask us to correct any data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete and provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you may also ask us to erase your records. Please contact the clinic directly.
Practice Manager – Davies Chiropractic Care Ltd 180a Heaton Moor Road, Stockport Sk4 4DU.
If you are not satisfied with how we are handling your data or the response of our DPO then you have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office which you can do through their website: www.ico.org.uk
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, our Data Protection Officer will deal with this accordingly and without delay.